An Interview John Apter - The National Chair of the Police Federation of England and Wales
The Police Federation of England and Wales represent about 120,000 rank and file officers from constable to chief inspector across 43 police forces.
John Apter, National Chair of the Federation, spoke to us about the hugely positive difference the technology has made to policing in the United Kingdom.
- What were the percieved benefits of body cameras before they were rolled out?
- How did the public and police officers receive body cameras?
- How have police opinions changed since they were introduced?
- Have body cameras improved the public perception of policing?
- Do officers feel supported with body cameras?
- How does the technology improve policing?
- What policies need to be in place for a successful roll out?
- What do you look for when selected a technological partner?
- Are body cameras a wordwhile investment?
- What is your personal experience of using body cameras?
- Where do you see this tech going in the future?